It has been announced that the DOJ/Aphis attorneys have decided the Plaintiff dog clubs have standing to sue and are moving forward in the case, therefore the case is alive and well. Due to the APHIS regs mostly being written in typical HSUS vague terms, much has been disputed on not only the language and its plain interpretation, but also on the effects it would have on a “case by case” basis (meaning as applied)…
Thus if this lawsuit is WON and the injunction is granted, HSUS AND APHIS TANDEM AR TEAM WILL NOT HAVE THE WIN THEY THINK THEY HAVE.
OUR OPINION IS IF DONE CAREFULLY, THE PLAINTIFFS CAN SHOW THAT APHIS WAS PUSHED ALONG BY HSUS EVEN BY IMPLICATION, AS THE OVERALL TOTALITY OF THE ENTIRE APHIS REGULATION IS ABSURD AT BEST, AND HIGHLY IMPROPER AT WORST. To not find this, it would essentially mean to us that anyone selling an animal to another is preempted by Federal law for the most part, and would cause a slew of lawsuits, seizures, etc. Which is EXACTLY what HSUS WANTS?!
Who Should Be Concerned?
The short list:
- Dog, Cat, Ferret, Guinea Pig, and other small animal breeders that maintain 5 or more intact females (“more than 4”); all species combined on one property
- Parent Organizations
- Show Superintendents
- Pet Food Manufacturers/Sales
- Small Animal Equipment Manufacturers/Sales
- Vehicle Manufacturers/Sales
- Housing Construction/Sales
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Veterinary Professionals
- Domestic Animal Pet Buyers
- Professional Dog Handlers and Trainers
Yes this is our original design below………..